For more than a decade PHM International has cultivated a commitment to relationships and sustainable service around the world, with a focus on developing countries and emerging markets. We have worked with NGOs, government agencies and departments, multi-lateral banks, and the private sector in developing projects that have lasting impact. While some may frame our work as “economic diplomacy” we prefer to think of our experience as simply “people to people.”
And we are committed to assuring our Peer-to-Peer Volunteers:
- Engage in genuine, comprehensive projects
- Have their experiences and expertise matched to local needs
- Work with local leaders in their field of expertise
PHM International has a long history of working with local and regional experts, respecting the inherent expertise and knowledge alive in their communities. And this is the level of respect and self-reliance our Peer-to-Peer Volunteers must have; it fact it is the basis of peer-to-peer learning!
PHM International and Peer-toPeer Volunteers are constantly challenged to show local respect by:
- Protecting against exploitation
- Honoring local wisdom and resources
- Earning the respect of co-workers and others in-country.
- Acknowledge and promote the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights
For additional information on our Peer-to-Peer Volunteering program please contact us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org or ring +1.772.388.6496 x104